Fly through a procedurally generated wormhole while shooting aliens to the beat of techno music.
In the year 2420, aliens that feed on electronic music have stolen earth's techno. Infiltrate their wormhole and destroy that crystal planetoid at the center to release the beat.
Euphonics is a 3D arcade shooter for PC. All graphics are procedurally rendered and written in C++ using Ogre. The environment and aliens are procedurally populated and controlled by events that are synchronized to the music.
Download Euphonics from: http://www.finegamedesign.com/euphonics/euphonics.zip
- Windows XP (or compatible)
- 2 GHz Processor
- 512 MB RAM
- 100 MB HDD
- DirectX9 or OpenGL
- 800 x 600 resolution
- Nvidia GeForce or compatible video graphics card
- Do you have Visual Studio 2005 installed and do you know what that means? If not, run INSTALL_FIRST.exe
- Close all programs. Euphonics runs faster if your computer is free.
- Events in the game are synchronized to the music, so be sure speakers are on, to hear the music.
- Run Euphonics.exe
- Select graphics options:
- For full screen, select: Yes.
- For color, select: 32-bit.
- For anti-aliasing: Anti-aliasing slows down performance on older machines.
- For resolution: Higher resolution slows down performance on older machines. If the game feels fast and responsive, then higher resolution looks nicer on newer machines.